|Finance and accounting||Full Time Faculty||FPM (IIMA)|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Professor Kinshuk is Fellow of IIM Ahmedabad. His earlier academic qualification include B.E. (Civil Engg) and Masters in Construction Management. Previously, he served as Associate Director and Academic Director of the Indian School of Business where he provided leadership as Program Director of the Advanced Management Program for Infrastructure, developed growth strategy, guided cutting edge research, and developed relationship with leading infrastructure sector companies, regulators, and government think tanks like NITI Ayog. Besides, he was on the advisory board of Infinus Capital (a fund) and Pinvest (an international advisory firm) for 5 cumulative years. He has also been on the advisory board of India Innovation Lab for Green Finance. In due course he has mentored and advised commercialization of early stage renewable energy ideas; electric-buses; solar power etc.In addition, he spent about ten years in management of transportation, real estate, and power projects with expert role in project financing, and feasibility studies.
Mainly studying frictions - agency conflict, asymmetric information, and moral hazard- and incentives/contracts at the intersection of Finance, Organizational Economics (family firms), and Strategy. Specific topics include: Theory of corporate finance, Corporate governance, Performance/failure of firms/CEOs, Mergers & Acquisition, Board effectiveness, Ownership, Capital structure, Distress/bankruptcy; Political economy of finance/banking
- DND Flyway with Teaching Note
- The rise, fall, and bankruptcy of Sun Edison
A number of his papers are at various stages of review process for publication in reputed international journals. Some of the papers are:
- Risk Aversion or Agency Conflict: Contrasting Inclinations of CEOs in Cross-border Acquisitions
- Financing Related Parties and Expropriating Shareholder Value: Evidence from Cross-border Acquisitions
- Control Structure, Related Party Transactions, and Cross-border Acquisitions
- Incentive and Entrenchment Effect in Indian Family Firms
- Inside the Family Board: How does Family Influence Affect Firm Value?
- Ambiguity Aversion, Risk aversion, and Family Ownership
- How does Ownership Structure affect Firm Value?
He has presented papers in many national/international conferences such as International Corporate Governance Conference on Emerging Markets, Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Governance, and India Finance Conference.
Corporate Finance & Valuation, Corporate Governance, Mergers, Acquisitions & Restructuring, Entrepreneurial Finance, Private Equity and Buyouts, Investments & Portfolio Management, Financial Institutions Management, Financial Accounting and Reporting.
No details found.
No details found.