|Finance and accounting||Faculty|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Prof Monika Dhochak is a faculty member in the Finance and Accounting Area at IIM Nagpur. Prior to joining IIMN, she has taught at the Goa Institute of Management and EDII, Ahmedabad. Prof Dhochak is a professional member of the American Accounting Association (AAA) and has a number of research publications to her credit.
Venture Capital & Private Equity, Corporate Finance
Research and Publication
- Dhochak, M. and Doliya, P. (2019). Valuation of a new venture: Moving towards strategic approaches, Journal of multi-criteria decision-analysis, Wiley publications, 27 (1-2), pp. 39-49.
- Dhochak, M. and Doliya, P. (2018). Application of Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process in Multi-Criteria Decision-Making of Venture Capitalists, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, (Forthcoming).
- Dhochak, M., Acharya, S.R., and Sareen, S.B. (2018). Assessing the Effectiveness of business incubators, International Journal of Innovation and Learning, 26(2), pp. 177-194.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2016). Identification and prioritization of critical factors of venture capitalists’ investment decision-making process: An analytical hierarchal process (AHP) approach, Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Emerald publications, 23 (4), pp. 964 – 983.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Integration of factors affecting Venture Capitalists’ investment decision: An Interpretive structural modeling (ISM) approach, International journal of management and decision-making, 15(1), pp. 38-52.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Using interpretive structural modeling in venture capitalists’ investment decision-making process, Decision, 43(1), pp. 53-65.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Impact of Global Financial Crisis on Indian Venture Capital Firms: An Empirical Evaluation. Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, 8(4), pp. 330-345.
- Doliya P., Singh, JP, Dhochak, M. (2019). Designing an integrated decision support system for auditor’s decision making in FVM auditing, Seventh International Conference of the Journal of International Accounting Research, American Accounting Association, Canada.
- Acharya S.R., Dhochak, M., Jain, A. (2019). Start-up Culture and Skill Development Driving Force of the Jobless Economy to Lucrative New Enterprise Creation and Employment Generation in India, Thirteenth Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship, February 20-22, 2019, EDII Ahmedabad.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2017). Application of Fuzzy Analytical Hierarchal Process in Multi-Criteria Decision-Making of Venture Capitalists, International Congress on Economy, Finance, and Business (ICEFB 2017), Osaka, Japan
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2016). Venture capital: A literature review and synthesis, International conference on financial markets and corporate finance (ICFMCF-2016), IIT Madras, August 12th-13th, 2016.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2016). Determinants of venture capital: A venture capitalists and entrepreneur’s perspective. Full paper in conference proceeding (ISBN: 978-974-231-893-2) of NIDA International Business Conference 2016 – Sustainability in business, Bangkok, Thailand, 12th March 2016. (Best Paper Award).
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2016). A comparative analysis of venture capitalists and entrepreneurs towards venture capital funding, MDC & VRS 2016, VGSOM IIT Kharagpur, February 11th-12th, 2016.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Determinants of venture capital: An entrepreneurs’ finance, 3rd PAN-IIM World Management Conference, IIM Indore, December 16th – 18th, 2015.
- Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2015). Inferring Prevalence and Trends of Venture Capital in India. Full Paper on CD (ISBN No. 978-81-929149-2-3.) of Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Markets, MDI Gurgaon, March 11th - 13th, 2015.
- Sharma, A.K. and Dhochak, M. (2015). Venture Capital: An innovative source of financing business. Full Paper on CD (ISSN No. 2094-506X) of The 16th International Society for Business Innovation and Technology Management Conference, ISBITM Bali, Indonesia, January 24th – 26th, 2015, pp. 1415-1430.
- Bansal, N. Dhochak, M. and Sharma, A.K. (2014). Agency costs and corporate governance mechanisms in Indian Corporate Sector: An empirical evaluation. Full Paper on CD of the 6th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education, IIM Indore, May 8th-11th, 2014.
Work In Progress
Dhochak, M. (2019) “Startup Valuation methods by Venture Capitalists: An empirical study”.
Sponsored Research Projects
- Completed a Research Project ‘A Study on Changing Profile of Unemployed and Underemployed in India and Ways and Means to Address these Issues’ under (CREED).
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Worked as a co-convener in the ‘Conference on Applied Economics and Finance’ held at Goa Institute of Management from 16th December 2019 to 18th December 2019.
- Organized a two-day event ‘IdeaLab 2018’ in collaboration with World Islamic Economic Forum (WIEF), Malaysia at Goa Institute of Management on 15th – 16th October 2018.
- Organized a two-day ‘Startup Clinic Weekend’ (SCW) at ‘Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India’ in collaboration with ‘Ureka Limited, London’ on 24th – 25th February 2017.
Member of Admissions team from September 2018 to March 2020 at Goa Institute of Management
Member of POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) Committee from November 2018 to May 2020 at Goa Institute of Management