|Strategy and entrepreneurship||Full Time Faculty||Fellow/PhD (IIM Bangalore), MBA (NMIMS Mumbai)|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Prof Saurabh Pandya is a faculty member in the Strategy and Entrepreneurship Area at IIM Nagpur. Prior to joining IIM Nagpur, he has more than eleven years of professional experience in the industry and academics. After earning a doctorate from IIM Bangalore, he worked at IIM Raipur (2014-15) and XLRI Jamshedpur (2015-20).
Prof Pandya teaches courses such as Strategic Management, Strategy Implementation, Balanced Scorecard, Corporate Governance, and Strategy Process Research, across various management programs. At XLRI, Prof Pandya was actively involved in designing and delivering corporate training programs in Strategic Thinking and Implementation, for companies like Tata Steel, Adani Green Energy, Canara Bank, Toyota Tsusho, and Novo Nordisk.
Prof Pandya has to his credit a number of research publications and conference presentations. His work on leadership development and rapid growth organizations has been presented in international conferences and was also selected for the Best Paper Proceedings at Academy of Management (AOM) conference in Boston in 2012.
Prof Pandya has a Master’s degree in Management Studies from Narsee Monjee Mumbai, after which he worked in the industry for about five years with companies like Tata Motors, Go Airlines (India) and Unisource Worldwide, in diverse functions like finance, audit and analytics.
PUBLICATIONS / BEST PAPER PROCEEDINGS:
- Pandya, Saurabh K. (2020). “Early life experiences and their impact on effective learning and development.” Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal, Ahead-of-print (doi: 10.1108/dlo-09-2019-0210)
- Pandya, Saurabh K. (2017). “Early success experience as a predictor of fast-track career growth.” Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal, 31(2), pp.10-12. (doi: 10.1108/DLO-07-2016-0057)
- Pandya, Saurabh K. (2017). “Improving the learning and developmental potential of SWOT analysis: introducing the LISA framework.” Strategic Direction, 33(3), pp.12-14. (doi: 10.1108/SD-09-2016-0132)
- Pandya, Saurabh K. & Prabhu, Ganesh N. (2012). “Senior Manager Leadership Development in Rapid Employee Growth Organizations.” In Leslie A. Toombs (Ed.), Best Paper Proceedings of the Seventy-second Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston, USA. (doi: 10.5465/AMBPP.2012.119)
- 2020. “Learning from international acquisition experience: Narratives from an Indian EMNC” (with Ramya T. Venkateswaran and Ganesh N. Prabhu). Indian Academy of Management (INDAM) conference, IIM Tiruchirappalli, India, January 2-4, 2020; Won the Best Paper of the Conference Award (sponsored by Emerald Publishing Ltd.) and Best Paper of the Track (Organization and Management Theory) Award
- 2018. “Performance Management in Emergent Market MNEs”. Academy of International Business (AIB) Oceania Chapter Annual Meeting (Research Symposium), Melbourne, Australia, November 16-17, 2018.
- 2018. “Development of Senior Managers: Insights from Rapid Growth Phase of Indian Software Services Firms” (with Ganesh N. Prabhu). Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, USA, August 10-14, 2018.
- 2018. “Exploring the determinants of trust in co-opetitive knowledge transfers” (with Aniruddha Chatterjee). ANZIBA (Australia and New Zealand International Business Academy) Annual Conference, Brisbane, Australia, Jan 31 – Feb 2, 2018.
- 2013. Paper proposal titled “Organizational Learning and Innovation in Creative Industries” at the Asian Perspectives on Creative Industries Conference at Singapore Management University (SMU), June 7-8, 2013.
- 2012. “Senior Manager Leadership Development in Rapid Employee Growth Organizations” (with Ganesh N. Prabhu). Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, USA, August 3-7, 2012.
- 2011. “The Upper Echelons Theory – A Critique of the Philosophical Foundations”. Indian Academy of Management (IAM) Conference, Bangalore, India, December 18-20, 2011.
- 2011. “Organizational Learning & Performance - The Role of Experimentation & Experiential Learning Processes”. Eastern Academy of Management International (EAM-I) Conference, Bangalore, India, June 26-30, 2011.
- 2011. “Top Management Team (TMT) Characteristics, Processes and Impact on Firm Performance”. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A) Doctoral Colloquium, Ahmedabad, India, January 3-4, 2011.
At XLRI Jamshedpur (2015 – 2020):
- Strategic Management (core course)
- Balanced Scorecard / Strategy Implementation (elective course)
- Strategic Management / Strategic Thinking (Virtual platform) – certificate programs
At IIM Nagpur (as a Visiting Faculty 2017-20):
- Holistic Strategy Implementation through Balanced Scorecard (elective)
At IIM Raipur (2014-15):
- Strategic Management (core course)
- Strategic Management in Emerging Markets (elective course)
- Corporate Governance (elective course)
- Strategy Process Research (doctoral course)
MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS (MDPs): (Customized and Open programs)
- Designed and delivered customized training programs on Business Strategies / Strategic Thinking for senior executives of Adani Green Energy and Tata Steel (5 batches) as Program Director
- Conducted sessions in customized corporate training programs on Strategic Management for senior executives of Canara Bank (3 batches), Tata Steel (7 batches), Toyota Tsusho and Novo Nordisk
- Conducted sessions in five Open MDP (training) programs on Strategic Thinking & Implementation
- Conducted sessions in three Open Online MDP (training) programs on Strategic Management Sessions on Vision, Mission & Strategic Reconciliation in 2015 at IIM Raipur – in the TEQIP program of Government of India
INVITED TALKS / SESSIONS:
- Sessions on Experiential Learning through Case Study Method in the Orientation Program for incoming batch of PGP (2-year MBA) at IIM Sambalpur in August 2018 & July 2019
- Sessions on Case Study Method in the Orientation Week for various programs at XLRI in June 2018
- Sessions on Strategic Management for 1st & 2nd year students at Christ Institute of Management, Lavasa (Pune) in January 2017
At previous organizations
- Member of the Corporate Programs Committee at XLRI (2018-20)
- Member of the Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC) Committee at XLRI (2016-18)
- Member of the Doctoral Programs committee and Library committee at IIM Raipur (2014-15)