|Organisational behaviour and human resources management||Faculty||Ph.D. (IIM-Ahmedabad)|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Prof. Shiva Kakkar is a faculty member of the Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Management area at IIM Nagpur. Prior to joining IIMN, Prof Kakkar has taught at the Goa Institute of Management. An FPM from IIM Ahmedabad, his research is centered on issues of human motivation, encapsulating employee, student and public service motivation. Another key interest area of his is Indian knowledge systems with a special focus on indigenous psychology. He has consulted for various organizations such as Indian Hotels Company Limited (IHCL), Taj Sats Air Catering and Opshub India Ltd.
- Kakkar, S. and Vohra, N. (2021), "Self-Regulatory Effects of Performance Management System Consistency on Employee Engagement: A Moderated Mediation Model.", American Business Review, Vol. 24 No.1, p.11.
- Gupta, R., Dash, S., Kakkar, S. and Yadav, R. (2021), "Construct validity of public service motivation in India: a comparison of two measures", Evidence-based HRM, Vol. 9 No. 1, pp. 47-62.
- Sinha, A., Varkkey, B., Saha, S. and Kakkar, S. (2021), "Professionalising family firm through internal HR marketing: a case of Ratnamani Metal and Tubes Ltd.", Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 28 No. 5, pp. 1482-1502.
- Kakkar, S., Dash, S., Vohra, N. and Saha, S. (2020), "Engaging employees through effective performance management: an empirical examination", Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 27 No. 5, pp. 1843-1860.
- Kakkar, S. (2019). The Goblet and Two Faces: Understanding Transcendence and Paradox from the perspective of Advaita Vedanta. The Learning Organization, Vol. 26 No. 4, pp. 412-424.
- Kakkar S. (2019). LMX and Employee resilience: The Mediating Role of Regulatory Focus. Management Research Review, Vol. 42 No. 9, pp. 1062-1075.
- Chaudhuri, M., Kakkar, S., & Shekhar, S. (2013). A study of the effect of HR practices on organizational effectiveness. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 6(1), 22-32.
- Kakkar S., Dash S., “Individual Unlearning: Re-examining the concept from an Indic perspective” (Awarded best paper of the track – INDAM 2020 held at IIM, Trichy)
- Kakkar, S.; Shekhar, S. and Chaudhuri, M. (2010). SMC: A Case Study on the Effect of HR Practices on Organizational Health. In H P Gupta and Tojo Thatchenkery (Eds.) Leveraging Global Competitiveness for Organizational Excellence: Management Cases, Macmillan Advanced Research Series, New Delhi.
- Human motivation, public service motivation, HR systems, Indian Knowledge Systems, Indigenous psychology
No details found.
- Company: Indian Hotels Company Limited (IHCL)
Assignment: Cultural study at IHCL
- Company: TajSats Air Catering Ltd.
Assignment: Cultural study for TajSats Ltd.
- Company: Opshub India Ltd., Ahmedabad
Assignment: Re-designing the performance management system at OpsHub
- Reviewer for Management Research Review journal
- Member, CER (Centre for Excellence in Research) committee at Goa Institute of Management, January - April, 2020 onwards