Indian Institute of Management Nagpur is starting the Doctoral Programme from the academic year 2021-22. The objective of the programme is to seek, develop, and foster contextually relevant and socially conscious academicians and researchers seeking thought leadership in management fields.
The program duration will be four years. The initial two years will be coursework leading to a comprehensive assessment before participants undertake the thesis work for the remaining duration under the supervision of an advisory committee.
Course structure brief
- The first year: The participants will undertake (i) Post-graduate courses common to all participants, (ii) Additional post-graduate courses recommended by the area (including related area courses, if any), and (iii) Doctoral level courses common to all participants.
- The second year: The participants will undertake (i) Doctoral level courses common to all participants and (ii) Doctoral level courses specified by the areas. During the dissertation period, areas will strive to develop contemporary research aptitude among candidates by way of active interactions with reputed global scholars.
Candidates will be awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) on successful completion of the programme.
Areas of Specializations
At present, IIM Nagpur is offering Ph.D. in the following areas of specialization:
- Decision Science and Information Systems
- Finance and Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship
Stipend: Participants will get the following monthly stipend during the duration of the program:
- Year 1 and 2: INR 30,000
- Year 3 and 4: INR 33,000 (to be initiated upon successful completion of comprehensive examination)
Start-up Grant: A one-time startup grant (in year 1) of INR 1,00,000 will be provided to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, etc.
Contingency Allowance: A contingency allowance of INR 25,000 per year (for second to fourth years) to cover research expenses, expenses on books, photocopying, etc., will also be available to all the Ph.D. students.
Conference Funding: The institute will fund the conference expenses on a reimbursement basis for attending one international and three domestic conferences prescribed by their area.
An amount of up to INR 1,50,000 and INR 20,000 per conference paper will be provided to meet all expenses related to attending international and national conferences, respectively.
For details related to the eligibility criteria and admissions process, please refer to the Admissions section on the IIM Nagpur website.