Dr Lakshmanan Chittur ChandrasekharanCurrent Designation: Former Chief Scientist at ITC- Research & Technology Innovation and Head of R&D
39 years (14 years in Australia & 25 years in India) of post PhD experience in Industrial R&D, Technology Development and Innovation for Oil & Gas Exploration and Production, Reservoir Engineering, Offshore Structures, Coalbed Methane, Hydraulic Fracturing, Steel Industry, Iron Ore Mining, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Advanced Materials (Plastics, Silicones, Specialty Materials), Agricultural sciences including Silviculture, Pulp and Paper, Packaging, Biosciences (Created and led multiple Innovation Platforms in Nutrition, Gut Health, Metabolic Health, Cognition, Sensory Sciences.
Built two world-class industrial R&D organisations in Bangalore, India from ‘Ground Zero’.
General Electric’s John F Welch Technology Centre, Bangalore (5000 researchers) and ITC Life Sciences & Technology Centre
Implemented multiple technologies for BHP, GE & ITC. During my tenure, ITC filed 950 patents.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt – General Electric Certified
- Mentored 40+ Six Sigma Green Belts & 9 Six Sigma Black Belts globally
- PhD Chemical Engg, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- ITC Limited – Chief Scientist-Research & Technology Innovation and Head of R&D of ITC Limited
- General Electric – Director-Technical & later Director-Manufacturing Engineering
- Reliance Industries – Deputy General Manager Exploration & Production
- BHP Research & New Technology, Australia – Senior Research Officer
- Monash University, Australia – Senior Teaching Fellow, Vice Chancellor’s Special Research Fellow