In view of the growing importance of corporate governance and social responsibility of corporate enterprises and public organizations for the sustainable development of the national economy, Indian Institute of Management Nagpur has set up a Centre of Excellence for Corporate Governance CSR & Sustainability – CGCS.
The CoE CGCS aims to work independently and in collaboration with the government, academic institutions, expert industry practitioners, consulting organizations, public sector organizations, and corporates towards the following:
- To provide thought leadership and consultancy towards meeting the needs of organizations and enterprises in the areas of corporate governance, social responsibility, ethics and sustainable development.
- To promote global standards and best-practices of corporate governance, strategic management, innovative governance practices, board dynamics, corporate leadership, enterprise risk management in public organizations and business corporations.
- To work for fulfilment of corporate obligations towards shareholders and other stakeholders and duties to society and environment
- To promote ethics, values, transparency and fairness in the conduct of business and in corporate affairs
- To contribute to sustainable development by Indian corporations in line with the UN sustainable development goals and foster spirit of corporate citizenship among the Indian corporations as per the UN Global Compact
- To organize national and international conferences, seminars, round tables, management development programs, guest lecturers, and other similar events on the above subjects
- To analyze governance challenges of state-owned enterprises and promote reform initiatives for their autonomy and empowerment
- To act as a center for sound boardroom practices and capacity building of both board level and other top management team level functionaries
- To undertake training, orientation and evaluation of CEOs, Directors, Independent Directors and other executives and managers of corporates as well as other organizations.
- To provide a forum for study, consultancy and research and build association with government agencies, industry bodies and academic institutions working in these areas.
- To carry out impact assessment, audits, and recognize/ promote extraordinary achievements in the field of corporate governance, ethics, sustainability and social responsibility.
- Internally, to work with the faculty members, students and all other internal stakeholders of IIM Nagpur towards contribution towards all the activities mentioned above