|Decision science and information systems||Faculty||FPM, IIM, Indore|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Gunjan Tomer is a faculty in the Information Systems area at IIM Nagpur. She holds a doctoral degree in Information Systems from IIM Indore. She was previously engaged with IIM Raipur as Assistant Professor, prior to which she was with Institute of Financial Management and Research, Chennai, as Assistant Professor. She has completed FPM in Information Systems from IIM-Indore and B.Tech (IT) from UPTU, Lucknow. She has published in top rated journals in her area. She has also published management cases in prestigious outlet such as Ivey publishing. Her papers have been selected in top international conferences such as AOM (Academy of Management), ECIS (European Conference on Information Systems), PACIS (Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems), ISD (Conference on Information Systems Development), EGOS (European Group of Organizational Studies) and IHRM (International Human Resource Management). She is also a “Dale Carnegie” certified professional educator.
Her teaching interests include Management Information Systems, Strategies for Web based business, Enterprise System, etc. Her research interests include Impact of IT on Individuals, socio technical systems and project management
Papers in Journals:
- Tomer G., Mishra SK., Qureshi I., (2022). Features of technology and its linkages with turnover intention and work exhaustion among IT professionals: A multi-study investigation, International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 66
- Tomer G. (2022).Impact of individual perceptions of technology on turnover intention among IT professionals, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Vol 24
- Tomer G., Mishra S.K., (2019), “Expectation from Technology and Career Satisfaction: A study among IT Professionals in India”, Australasian Journal of Information System, Vol 23
- Tomer G., Mishra S.K., (2016), "Professional identity construction among software engineering students: a study in India", Information Technology and People, Vol 29 (1)
- Tomer G., Chauhan, G.S., Panigrahi, P., (2017) "Feasibility of m-Governance in agriculture: Insights from a multimodal study in Rural India", Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, Vol. 10(3)
- Tomer G., (2016),"Exploring the perceptive effect of technology allocation on work outcomes among IT Professionals", International Technology Management Review 6 (1), Springer Nature.
- Tomer G., (2015), "Implications of Perceived Utility on Individual Choice and Preferences: A New Framework for Designing Recommender System", Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Vol. 24(2)
- Tomer G., (2015), "Managing the Web-based Software Product Development: Towards Feedback Loop methodology", International Technology Management Review 5 (1), Springer Nature.
- Amtek Auto Ltd: From acquisitions to a financial crisis, Ivey Publishing, Canada
- NTPC-SAIL Power Company Limited (NSPCL): Born or Bound to Succeed? Asian Journal of Management Cases
- Tomer, G, Budhwar, P. (2020) "Flying high in the turbulent skies: managing careers in the Indian IT industry." In Career Dynamics in a Global World. Edward Elgar Publishing, UK.
- Tomer, G., (2016) “Evolution of Work Culture: Evidences from IT industry in India” in Indian Culture and Work Organizations in Transition, Ashish Malik and Vijay Pereira (Eds), Routledge, London.
Papers in International Conferences: Presentations and Proceedings:
- (2020)-No worries? A study on refugee women and acculturation in Australia in 36th EGOS, held at Hamburg Germany
- (2015)-Exploring Person technology fit and its impact on work outcomes among IT professionals in 75th Academy of Management meeting, held at Vancouver Canada.
- (2015)-Person-Technology fit and work outcomes: A study among IT professionals in India in 23rd European conference on Information systems (ECIS) 2015 held at Munster, Germany.
- (2014)-Understanding Person technology fit and analyzing its influence on work related outcomes among IT professionals in 18th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS ) held at Chengdu, China.
- (2013)-Towards developing Person Technology fit framework and analyzing its influence on work related outcomes among IT professionals in 22nd International Conference on System Development (ISD) held at Seville, Spain.
- (2013)- Identity formation among software engineering students in India in 29th European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS), Canada.
- (2014)-Analyzing impact of technology allocation on Turnover intention among IT professionals in 2nd PAN IIM World Management Conference held at IIM, Kozhikode, India.
- (2013)-Towards developing Career Technology Fit framework and analyzing its influence on work related outcomes among IT professionals, 3rd biennial conference of the Indian Academy of Management (IAM) held at IIM, Ahmedabad.
- (2012)-Person-Technology Fit: The related effects of technology characteristics and individual factors among IT professionals in International conference on Global Strategies for an Emergent India held at IIM, Kozhikode, India.
- (2012)-Identity Formation process: The role of professional education in identity morphing among engineering students in 12th International conference on human resource management (IHRM) held at MDI, Gurgaon, India.
- (2011)-Internet software development: Aren’t we developing new products for customers in 15th Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management (SOM) held at IIM, Calcutta, India.
- Tomer, G. (2013), Review of Book “Tata LOG: Eight modern stories from a timeless institution”, by Harish Bhat, Indore Management Journal, Volume 4(2), pp. 79-80
Core courses: Management Information Systems
Electives: Strategies for web-based business; Leading digital transformation; Process re-engineering; Enterprise systems: ERP and beyond
Research based courses: Impact of IT on individuals and organizations; Research methodology; Qualitative Research methodology (Grounded theory, Case based research)
- Dec 2016-September 2018: Assistant professor in the area of Decision sciences and Information Systems, IIM Raipur
- Jan 2016-dec 2016: Assistant professor in the area of Information Systems, Institute of Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Chennai.
- 2009-2010: Faculty member, Department of Information Technology, Krishna Institute of Engineering and Technology, Ghaziabad, India.
- 2007-2009: Faculty member, Department of Computer Science and Information Technology, JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida, India.
Prof Gunjan have been actively involved in executive training programs.
She is also serving as a program director of Mahatma Gandhi National fellowship program under MSDE, GoI.
Prof Gunjan have served in various administrative positions as member and chairperson of core committees. Currently, she chairs the information systems area. She is also chairperson ICT at IIM Nagpur.