|Decision science and information systems||Full Time Faculty|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Kapil is a faculty in the area of decision science and information systems at IIM Nagpur. Prior to joining IIM Nagpur, he was associated with Infosys analytics unit as associate data scientist, wherein he worked on projects and solutions related to forecasting, assortment planning, optimization, anomaly detection, and text analytics. He has completed his FPM in information systems management from IIM-Indore. His teaching interest includes text mining, data analytics, and marketing analytics. His research interest includes customer engagement at digital platforms, sports sponsorship, e-commerce, and data science for public policy.
- customer engagement at digital platforms, sports sponsorship, e-commerce, ICT for development, data science for public policy research
- Kaushik, K., Mishra, R., Rana, N. P., & Dwivedi, Y. K. (2018). Exploring reviews and review sequences on e-commerce platform: A study of helpful reviews on Amazon. in. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 45, 21-32.
- Kaushik, K., Jain, N. K., & Singh, A. K. (2018). Antecedents and outcomes of information privacy concerns: Role of subjective norm and social presence. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 32, 57-68.
- Jain, N. K., Singh, A. K., & Kaushik, K. (2019). Evaluating service quality in automobile maintenance and repair industry. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics.
- Kaushik, K., & Mishra, R. (2019). Predictors of E-government adoption in India: direct and indirect effects of technology anxiety and information quality. International Journal of Business Information Systems, 31(3), 305-321.
- Kaushik, K., Mishra, A., & Dey, S. (2020). ‘The tweeting sponsor’: effect of a sponsor’s SNS message articulation/interactivity on consumers’ online response. European Sport Management Quarterly, 1-24.
- “Analyzing effect of brand building activities on brand image using topic modelling technique” at the 31st Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, 4-8 April, 2016, Pisa, Italy
- “Impact of Event Reputation on Sponsors’ Sentiment”, at the 7th International Conference on Research in adaptive and Convergent Systems, 11-14th October, 2016, Odense, Denmark
- “Measuring Sponsorship Outcome Using Social Media Platform: Effect of Contextual Factors on Sponsorship Outcome”, at the 2017 Winter AMA Conference, 17-19th February, 2017, Orlando, USA
- "Leveraging Sponsorship on Twitter: Insights from Tennis Grand Slams." at the International Conference on Advances in National Brand and Private Label Marketing, 2020.
- Exploring role of linking organizations in transforming practice driven farmers in India
- Linking Text Characteristics of Ideas to their Popularity in Online User Innovation Communities
- Adoption of Proximity Mobile Payment Services: Integrating Innovativeness, Trust and Perceived Risk with Theory of Planned Behavior
- Interplay of Political affiliation and environment policy opinion: Evidences from Social media and citizen’s survey
- CHOOSE YOUR WORDS WISELY’: EFFECT OF SNS BRAND COMMUNICATION ON CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT DURING COVID-19
Dr. Kapil's teaching interest broadly covers business analytics, applications of data mining to data driven decision making, and applications of text mining for intelligence gathering. He teaches/has taught following courses/workshop at IIM Nagpur and other organizations.
1. Business Data Mining and Decision Models (MBA elective: IIM Nagpur)
2. Advance Analytics (MBA elective: IIM Nagpur)
3. Applied Sports Marketing Research (Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management core course: IIM Rohtak)
4. Basics of Python for Data Science (Workshop: MYRA School of Business)
Dr. Kapil has delivered sessions on innovation through data analytics and communicating effectively with data visualization for public sector organizations such as Power Grid Ltd., Mineral Exploration Corporation Ltd. (MECL), and Manganese Ore India Ltd. (MOIL).
No details found.