The admission process, including the shortlisting and selection criteria for the Master of Business Administration for Working Professionals, 2021-23 batch at the Indian Institute of Management Nagpur (IIM Nagpur) are as under –
2.1 Educational Qualification
A candidate should have any one of the following educational qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates having professional qualifications such as CA/ICWA/CS (with at least 50 percent aggregate marks) can also apply.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification should be:
(a) from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 or,
(b) recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of India or,
(c) possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE or the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
2.2 Work Experience
A minimum of three years of post-qualification (mentioned above in section 2.1.) managerial/ entrepreneurial/ professional experience as of 31st July 2021 is required. Work experience after completion of the bachelor’s degree/professional qualification will be considered. To be eligible for the programme, the candidate has to be currently working/employed full-time.
The total number of months of work experience completed (as of 31st July 2021) will be considered. Only full-time and paid experience after completion of graduation/professional qualification will be considered. Part-time/Project/Internship/CA Articleship/Apprenticeship/Pre-graduation work experience/ work experience which involves payment as stipend will not be counted as work experience. For work experience in multiple organizations, all the durations (months and days) will be added to arrive at the total experience. For example, if the total work experience is 13 months and 25 days, it will be considered 13 months.
A valid proof of the date of appointment, work experience certificate, and proof of payment/salary will have to be submitted at the time of registration for the program. For candidates having work experience in the family business or own business venture, valid proofs of the existence of the business, association, and role of the individual in the business and proof of payment during work experience will be required. It will be the candidate’s responsibility to provide documents as and when required by the Admissions Office.
Candidates for MBA-WP need to appear for a screening examination conducted by IIM Nagpur (IIM Nagpur Aptitude Test – IIMNAT) to be considered for admission to the MBA-WP programme. IIMNAT will consist of questions that evaluate a candidate’s quantitative, verbal, logical, and data interpretive abilities. Following are the key details about the IIMNAT Entrance Test:
- Date of Entrance Exam: Last week of August/First week of September 2021 (Tentatively)
- Mode of Entrance Exam: Offline (in-class) exam in the form of a pen/pencil- paper test. Details will be shared with candidates before the examination via email/admission portal.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Location: IIM Nagpur, VNIT Campus.
- No. of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) (divided into three sections – Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation)
4.1. Stages in the Admission Process
The admission process for MBA-WP will comprise of the following stages:
Stage 1: Candidates are invited to fill a detailed application form within a stipulated date (tentatively in the third week of August 2021). It is suggested that candidates check the admissions policy for eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
Stage 2: Candidates who complete the application form will appear for the screening examination IIMNAT. A shortlist for the Personal Interview (PI) will be released by August/September 2021 based on the IIMNAT scores.
Stage 3: Candidates who are shortlisted at the end of stage 2 will have to attend the PI. Only candidates who appeared for the PI will be considered for the preparation of the final merit list. Admission offers will be sent to the successful candidates based on their Final Score. The Final Score will be computed based on the Screening Examination performance, past academic performance, and personal interview.
4.2. Admission Notice
The announcement of admission to MBA-WP 2021-23 at IIM Nagpur will be prominently exhibited on the IIMN website (www.iimnagpur.ac.in), digital media, and mails.
4.3. Application Procedure
4.3.1. How to apply
Interested candidates will have to apply online. Click here to apply https://mbawpadmission.iimnagpur.ac.in/ . Candidates will have to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1500. Applications will be open from 1st August 2021.
4.3.2. Documents to be uploaded
All related documents, as mentioned below, will have to be uploaded as per the instructions while filling in the online application form.
- Self-attested copy of all academic mark-sheets/certificates and Degree certificates of Graduation/ Post Graduation
- Work Experience proofs -appointment letter/joining letter, experience letter, payment slips
- For work-experience in a family business – proofs of the existence of the business, association, and role of the individual in the business.
All the documents submitted by the candidates will be verified at the time of offer acceptance.
The selected candidates will receive provisional admission offers by email. Candidates need to pay Rs 50,000 at the time of offer acceptance within a stipulated time as mentioned in the offer letter. This amount will be adjusted in the Term 1 fee.
The verification of documents will be done only at the time of offer acceptance. It is the responsibility of the candidates to check the eligibility criteria before applying and report correct facts. If a candidate is found ineligible at any stage during the document check, the admission offer will be cancelled.
The withdrawal/cancellation of admission offer can happen in multiple ways:
(a) Before First-Term Registration:
- Once the offer acceptance fee is received by the stipulated date (mentioned in the offer email), the provisional admission offer stands. If payment is not received by the stipulated date, the provisional admission will be cancelled.
- If a candidate pays the offer acceptance fee but still wants to withdraw, they may do so by sending an email to the Admission Office by a stipulated date (mentioned in the offer email). We will then initiate a refund process. The refund of the offer acceptance fees deposited, after deducting an administrative charge of Rs.1000, will be done within 30 working days.
- The admission will stand cancelled if a candidate doesn’t register at IIM Nagpur on the mentioned registration date and time.
- If a candidate pays the offer acceptance fees but fails to withdraw within a stipulated date or fails to register for the programme, the entire amount of the offer acceptance fee paid will be forfeited. No refund will be made in cases of withdrawal after the deadline for withdrawal is over.
(b) After Registration:
- Fees will be collected at the beginning of the term specified in the fee structure. Suppose a candidate withdraws from the programme in any term after registration (in the middle of a term). In that case, all the fees paid till then will be forfeited, regardless of the number of days remaining in the term.
(c) The admission of a candidate stands cancelled if they provide any false information or forged documents at any step in the admissions process. No claim for refund of the fee paid till then will be entertained.
7.1. Fee details
The total fee of the program for the batch of 2021-23 is Rs 9,50,000. The fees will need to be paid in 4 instalments, twice per year. An additional amount of Rs 20,000 towards refundable caution deposit will have to be paid along with the first term fee. The fee payable at the time of acceptance of the admission offer is Rs. 50,000. This amount of Rs 50,000 will be adjusted against the fee to be paid at the start of Term 1.
7.2. Mode of Payment
The payment of the offer acceptance fee and the subsequent instalments has to be done online. A payment link will be shared with the candidates for the same.
7.3. Financing Options
Please get in touch with the bank branch nearest to you to inquire about these loans. Please note that IIM Nagpur has no role to play in this process and does not share details of the candidates with the banks. The details of the banks are given as follows:
1. IIM Nagpur reserves the right to change the Shortlisting and Selection Criteria as deemed necessary.
2. Please read the eligibility criteria carefully before filling the application form.
3. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that they are available for classes regularly. If this requires a clearance/approval from the employer, the candidate is expected to obtain such clearance/approval.
4. Personal interviews will be online or face-to-face, depending upon the prevailing conditions and the health advisory issued by the authorities at that time.