|Humanities, arts, and social sciences||Faculty||Ph.D in Sociology (Innovation and Entrepreneurship), M. Phil in Planning and Development (IIT Bombay)|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Dr. Deepmala Baghel is a faculty member in the Areas of Humanities, Arts, And Social Sciences. She received her Ph.D. in Sociology (Innovation and Entrepreneurship), and M. Phil in Planning and Development both from IIT Bombay. She was previously an Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Information Technology Nagpur and the National Law University Nagpur. She has published in national and international journals in her area. She also presented papers in various national and international conferences. At IIT Bombay she was engaged in various projects in the areas of entrepreneurship, socio-technical analysis, technology transfer, CSR, education, policy, and gender.
Her research interests are in the areas of Socio-cultural dimensions of innovation and entrepreneurship, MSMEs and green economy, sustainability, Public policy, Networking, Role-stress and professional women, Ethics, Body, Gender
Her teaching interests include Professional ethics and human values, Business communication, Policy, governance and development, STS studies, Development sociology, Globalization, Qualitative Research Methodology.
- Baghel, Deepmala (2020). Interdependence of Social and Technical Indicators of Innovation: the case of Cosmetic MSMEs. The special issue in Journal, Innovation and Development. Taylor & Francis Online. Sep 4: pp.1-19. ISSN: 2157-9318.
- Dr. (Prof) Vijendar Kumar and Dr. Deepmala Baghel (2020). ‘Women’s Negotiations within Constitutional Interpretation of Equality’ Bennett Journal of Legal Studies.
- Baghel, Deepmala, D. Parthasarathy (2019). “Knowledge Generation for Innovation in Ayurvedic Cosmetics MSMEs: Investigating Entrepreneur’s Cultural and Symbolic Capital.” Science, Technology and Society, Vol 24, Issue 1, pp: 101-121: 0971721818821795. Sage publication.
- Dr. (Prof) Vijendar Kumar and Dr. Deepmala Baghel (2019). ‘Women and Socio-Legal Reality in Contemporary India’ Journal Law Quest Issue 1. ISSN: 2249-9881
- Baghel, Deepmala (2018). “Discussion Method of Teaching: An Inclusive way of imparting Knowledge. Contemporary Law Review, ISSN 2581-7582
- Baghel, Deepmala, D. Parthasarathy, and M. Gupta (2014). "Will you walk into my parlor? Spaces and practices of beauty in Mumbai." South Asian Popular Culture vol. 12, Number-3: pp. 163-179. DOI:10.1080/14746689.2014.983709 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14746689.2014.983709
- Baghel, Deepmala, D. Parthasarathy, and Meenakshi Gupta (2011). "Innovation in Indian Small-Scale Industries: Case Study of Cosmetics Small Scale Industry in Mumbai." ASCI Journal of Management, Vol. 41:1, pp. 91-108 ISSN: 0257-8069.
- Baghel Deepmala (2022). Social Framework Analyses of Organizational Role Stress among Working Women in India. In Vibhuti Patel Nandita Mondal (Ed.) Connecting the Missing Dots: Paid and Unpaid Work of Women in India. Springer.
- Baghel Deepmala and D. Parthasarathy (2016). Pursuing body beautiful: Men’s beauty aesthetics within the space of the beauty parlour. In Alberto Ferreira and Lucy Moyse (Ed.) Cosmetic, Aesthetic, Prophetic: Beyond the Boundaries of Beauty, Inter-Disciplinary Press, Oxford, United Kingdom, ISBN: 978-1- 84888-545- 5, pp. 155-166
- Baghel Deepmala. Managing MSME resilience during covid-19. In Amita Singh (Ed.) International Handbook of Disaster Research. Springer-Nature, Singapore forthcoming.
Conference Papers and Proceedings
- Deepmala Baghel (2022). “Social Context of Technological Innovation in MSMEs: A Case of Networking and Social Capital of Ayurvedic Manufacturing MSMEs in Mumbai”. presentation in Science, Technology & Social Science Research: Together for a Better World 21st Science Council of Asia Conference. Jointly Organized by Science Council of Asia and Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Ministry of Education Government of India. 15-17 March
- Baghel Deepmala (2019). “Analysing the Basis of Indian Jurisprudence: A shift from Status to Contract Based Society”, National Seminar on Exploring Tradition for Innovation in Indian Jurisprudence, organized by Kavikulguru Kalidas University and MNLU Nagpur, on 16th February
- Baghel Deepmala (2018). “Social Framework Analyses of Organizational Role Stress among Working Women in India” International Conference on ‘Changing Contours of Women's Paid and Unpaid Work’, at School of Management and Labour Studies & School of Development Studies TISS Mumbai, in partnership with German Academic Exchange (DAAD) on 12-13 July
- Baghel Deepmala (2018). “Exploring Social Indicators of Innovation for Sustainable Development of MSMEs”, Interdisciplinary National Conference ‘Intervention of Science and Technology, Social Problems and Sustainable Development’ by Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur on 17th June
- Baghel Deepmala (2017). “Exploring Social and Technical Indicators of Innovation in Small Scale Industries” The Fourth IndiaLICS International Conference 2017, “Innovation for Sustainable Development: Perspectives, Policies and Practices in South Asia. At JNU New Delhi, 2nd to 4th November
- Baghel, Deepmala (2013). “Social Dimension of Innovation: a case study of cosmetic industry”. ‘Beyond Border 2013’, 1st Multidisciplinary Conference in Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Indore, Madhya Pradesh, December
- Baghel Deepmala and D. Parthasarathy (2013). “Harnessing tacit knowledge for Innovation: Study of Ayurvedic Cosmetics MSMEs in Mumbai”. VIII Annual Conference, Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, October
- Baghel Deepmala, and D. Parthasarathy (2013). “Understanding Innovation within Globalization: Study of Cosmetics and Toiletries MSMEs in Mumbai” at International conference on Technology, Innovation and Social Change on 22-24 January, organized by Centre for Social Entrepreneurship School of Management & Labour Studies Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Baghel, Deepmala (2012). “Entrepreneurship in Transition: A study of Socio-cultural background of Entrepreneurs and Knowledge generation in cosmetics MSMEs in Mumbai”. All India Sociological Conference, Udaipur, Rajasthan, December
- Deepmala Baghel (2015). “Beauty pursuance a path to Socioeconomic Mobility”. Paper selected for the 9th International Convention of Asia Scholars (ICAS) South Australia, from 5-9 July
- Professional Ethics and Human Values (IIIT Nagpur)
- Technology, Innovation and Society (IIIT Nagpur)
- Policy, Governance and Development (IIIT Nagpur)
- IOT and Development (IIIT Nagpur)
- Inclusive policy and Indian Society (Sociology II) (MNLU Nagpur)
- Organized National one-week Online Workshop, ‘Innovation and Entrepreneurship Acumen in Engineering Education’, 5th to 9th October, 2020 at IIIT Nagpur.
- Organized Interdisciplinary National Conference on ‘Contours of Gender Justice’ at Maharashtra National Law University, 2nd March, 2019.
- One day workshop organized jointly with MSME-DI, and Bank of Baroda, ‘Credit Facility for Start-ups, Innovation and Entrepreneurship opportunities’ on 7 May 2022.
- Worked as webinar coordinator for ‘Accelerators/Incubation - Opportunities for Students & Faculties - Early Stage Entrepreneurs’ on 3 July 2021, as part of quarter 4 activity of the Institute’s Innovation Cell (IIC) of Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur.
- Webinar coordinator for ‘Accelerators/Incubation - Opportunities for Students & Faculties - Early Stage Entrepreneurs’ on 3 July 2021, as part of quarter 4 activity of the Institute’s Innovation Cell (IIC) of Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur.
- Worked as organizing member in International Seminar on ‘Institution, Structure and Organization in Globalizing India’, with special focus on science and technology, economy and society at IIT Bombay- 20th and 21st January 2012.
- Worked as organizing member in ‘The Road Not Taken’: Explorations in Narrative Refusals, Disnarration, and Counterfactual Histories’ refereed conference from 1st to 2nd March 2013, at IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India.
- Worked as organizing member in VIII Annual Conference, Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, October 2013
Conference session chaired
- Session 5a: Commodifying Beauty Ideals, 3rd Global Conference - Beauty: Exploring Critical Issues, Oxford, United Kingdom. September 2013.
- Technical Session - Child Abuse, One Day Seminar, “Working Together for Protection of Children” at Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur. April 20, 2017
- 3rd International Conference on “Stakeholder Wellbeing Through Value Creation” at S.P.Mandali's Prin. L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research (WeSchool) Mumbai Campus in Virtual Mode, on 27th January, 2022
- ‘Global Environmental Issues and Industries Response to it’ ‘Career Progression In-Service Training Programme’ a National level training programme organized MSME-DI, on 1 March 2020.
- “Ethics, Innovation, and Organizational Culture: Prerequisites for business success in today's World” at AICTE Training and Learning [ATAL] Academy Sponsored one-week online Faculty Development Program [FDP] on ‘Electrospinning Nanofibers: Science, Technology, and Applications’ from 12-16 July 2021.
No details found.