As we are facing an unprecedented challenge, particularly one that presents considerable obstacles to classroom learning, the IIM Nagpur Board of Governors proactively offered to convert this situation into a unique learning opportunity. With the kind support of the Chairman, IIMN BoG and the esteemed Board members, IIM Nagpur was delighted to host a number of eminent personalities and area experts who shared their insights on a number of topics of contemporary interest.
The virtual sessions, anchored by Prof Prakash Awasthy, were conducted over the course of the month of April. The series featured the following guest speakers who shared their insights on a range of diverse topics:
- Dr. Aruna Sharma (Practitioner Development Economist and Ex-Secretary, GoI): Current Issues in Banking
- Dr. Aruna Sharma (Practitioner Development Economist and Ex-Secretary, GoI): How relevant is ethics in current times
- Mr. Jagdish Mitra (Chief Strategy Officer, Tech Mahindra), Mr. Amit Aggarwal (CEO IT-ITES SSC NASSCOM): Skill Development …How to prepare for the VUCA world…what skills needed to become better Global Managers
- Mr. CP Gurnani (MD & CEO, TechMahindra), Mr. Amit Ambekar (VP & CMO, Spencer’s), Mr. Nimish Joshi (VP Head of Strategy, Ola): Many want to become corporate entrepreneurs. How that works and what is its general trajectory, favorable industries/companies?
- Mr. Amit Ambekar (VP & CMO, Spencer’s): Two years after MBA
- Ms. Padma Parthasarathy (SVP & Global Head, Consulting And Digital Services, Tech Mahindra), Mr. Parthasarathy R (Director, Varna Agro), Mr. Chandra Kant (Professor, IBA): Decision-making during crisis
- Dr. Aruna Sharma (Practitioner Development Economist and Ex-Secretary, GoI): Relevance of theory and practice to managers.
- Ms. Nivruti Rai (Country Head & VP, Intel): Impact of AI on businesses: Is it real or artificial
- Ms. Neelam Dhawan (Head, India Advisory Board, IBM): Mantra for Successful /Effective careers
- Ms. Sukanya Kripalu (Independent director, Colgate-Palmolive, Independent Marketing Consultant): Coping with COVID-19: FMCG perspective
- Mr. Rahul Bhuman (Mentor, AIC & Head AI Business & Strategy, Tech Mahindra) & Mr. Krishna Yarlagadda (Co-founder & CEO, Huddl): Entrepreneurship: A global perspective
The sessions have proved to be a remarkable learning experience for the attendees. We are sincerely grateful to the guest speakers for their valuable time and insights, that enabled students to further their knowledge even in a period of adversity.