In God We Trust, All Others Must Bring Data—W.E.Deming
Objective: “Promoting the learning and application of data analytics in strategic decisions and policy-making for improvement of businesses, government, and society”
Currently, there is an Information overflow. Identifying the required information and removing the rest is critical to current day business. This will help to identify the current problem and develop the required solutions. Data analytics plays a huge part in this. Having a good knowledge of analytics can make a huge difference for current day managers. This can be seen in the Moneyball movie, the real story of Oakland A’s baseball team on how their manager Billy Beane and his assistant Peter Brand assemble a team with lean budget and manage to enter the Top 4 of the league.
The Analytics Club of IIM Nagpur provides a platform for future managers to apply the knowledge on real-world solutions to enhance their skills.
Predixion is a student body managed by Analytics freaks, passionate about Analytics world.
The main idea behind establishing this club is to provide analytics knowledge and its applications in the real world to the future managers by involving students of IIM Nagpur. Following are the objectives undertaken by the Analytics Club:
- Organizing National level quizzes, puzzles, riddles and other Analytics competitions.
- Case studies competitions by providing real-world data. This can help to understand the outside world issues and bridge the gap between the classroom and the corporate world.
- A quarterly newsletter by analytics club explaining the events of club, articles.
- Information on the Career options and future opportunities in Analytics field.
- Organizing workshops to enhance the knowledge and understanding using real-time applications.
- Undertaking real-time industrial projects related to Analytics.
- Maintaining a platform on which students can display their Analytics related activities to gain visibility.
Get in touch with us: email@example.com