|Organisational behaviour and human resource management||Faculty|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Avina Mendonca is a faculty at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Nagpur in Organizational Behaviour area. She is a fellow from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA). Avina’s current research focuses on understanding employees’ experiences of undertaking a stigmatized occupation, workplace bullying and gendered implications of flexible work arrangements.
Internship opportunities: Currently open for applicants who are interested in gender studies and related aspects. Applicants pursuing/completed Master's in Sociology/Economics/Gender Studies/Psychology/Management/Development and Labour Studies will be preferred. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bodywork, Customer Abuse, Dirty Work, Gender in organizations, Identity at work, Resistance, Workplace Bullying
- Saravana Jaikumar and Avina Mendonca (2017). Groups and teams: A review of bad apple behavior. Team Performance Management: An International Journal, 23(5), 243-259.
- Avina Mendonca, Premilla D'Cruz and Ernesto Noronha (2022). Identity work at the intersection of dirty work, caste, and precarity: How Indian cleaners negotiate stigma. Organization, doi.org/10.1177/13505084221080540
- Avina Mendonca, Premilla D'Cruz and Ernesto Noronha (2021). Trolling in the Cultural and Creative Industries. In: Handbook of Research on Cyberbullying and Online Harassment in the Workplace,(pp. 46-71). IGI Global.
- Avina Mendonca and Premilla D’Cruz (2020). Workplace bullying, emotional abuse and harassment in the context of dirty work. In P. D’Cruz, E. Noronha, L. Keashly, & S. Tye-Williams (Eds.), Handbooks of workplace bullying, emotional abuse and harassment: Special topics and particular occupations, professions and sectors. Singapore: Springer.
- Avina Mendonca, Premilla D’Cruz and Ernesto Noronha (2018). Beauty service workers’ encounters with abusive customers: Furthering the concept of external bullying. In P. D’Cruz, E. Noronha, A. Mendonca, & N. Mishra (Eds.), Indian perspectives on workplace bullying: A decade of insights. Singapore: Springer
- Avina Mendonca, Nidhi Mishra and Sanket Dash (2015). Understanding flow among academicians. In N. M. Ashkanasy, W. J. Zerbe, & C. E. J. Härtel (Eds.), New ways of studying emotions in organizations (pp. 397-421). UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Premilla D'Cruz, Ernesto Noronha and Avina Mendonca (Eds.). (2021). Asian Perspectives on Workplace Bullying and Harassment. Springer, 2021.
- Premilla D’Cruz, Ernesto Noronha, Avina Mendonca and Nidhi Mishra (Eds.). (2018). Indian perspectives on workplace bullying: A decade of insights. Singapore: Springer
- Avina Mendonca, Premilla D'Cruz and Ernesto Noronha (2021). Negotiating dirtiness through identity work; Experiences of cleaners. Presented at 81st Academy of Management Annual virtual Meeting, 30 July-3 August 2021.
- Avina Mendonca and Premilla D'Cruz (2021). The interface between workplace bullying and dirty work: A new research agenda. Presented at 12th International Conference on Workplace Bullying and Harassment (virtual), 12-14 April 2021, Dubai.
- Avina Mendonca, Premilla D’Cruz and Ernesto Noronha (2018). Rewriting the power dynamics of external bullying at work: The occupational dialectics of dirty work. Presented at 11th International Conference on Workplace Bullying and Harassment, 5-8 June 2018, Bordeaux, France.
- Avina Mendonca (2015). Employee resistance in knowledge intensive organizations: A conceptual framework. Presented at Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 7-11 August 2015, Vancouver, Canada
- Avina Mendonca, Premilla D'Cruz and Ernesto Noronha (2021). Negotiating dirtiness through identity work. Presented in live webinar symposium 'caste work in management studies: How are historical stigma and inequality reproduced?, 29th July 2021, University of Bath School of Management, UK.
- Avina Mendonca and Premilla D’Cruz (2017). Customer abuse in the beauty industry. Presented at Seminar on Indian Perspective on Workplace Bullying and Mobbing, 13th June 2017, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
Individual and group processes at work, Design thinking and creativity, Power and influence
No details found.
No details found.