The Executive MBA programme aims to achieve the following key objectives, and will help the participants to develop a good mix of various hard and soft skills, spanning across analytical ability, decision-making, strategic mindset, collaborative work, leadership, innovativeness and stakeholder perspective.
Functional & Analytical Skills
- Attain analytical problem-solving ability to address the relevant managerial problems
- Sharpen the skills & competencies required for effective managerial decision making through data and evidence-based approach
Soft Skills & Leadership
- Leverage the power of collaborative working for effective management
- Develop a strategic mindset & align leadership skills to meet organizational goals
Innovativeness & Stakeholder Perspective
- Inculcate an innovative & entrepreneurial approach to help organizations grow
- Broaden the horizons to be a socially & environmentally responsible manager
The Executive MBA programme will achieve these objectives through excellent design and delivery of courses using a wide array of pedagogical tools such as lectures, discussions, case studies, simulations, in-class activities, individual / group assignments and projects. The courses will be delivered by expert in-house faculty of IIM Nagpur as well as visiting/guest faculty from senior positions in industry and academia.
Executive MBA Programme Highlights
Some of the key highlights and differentiating features* of IIM Nagpur’s Executive MBA programme, which help to provide much-needed flexibility to the working professionals, are as under.
- Field project, which has an impact on business & society, in second year final term
- International and/or Industry week in the second year (short 10-hours courses by international faculty / industry experts)
- Depending on the combination of elective courses selected in the second year, a participant can obtain a major (specialization) and a minor (specialization) in various streams of management, such as Marketing, Finance, Operations, Information Systems, Organizational Behaviour & HRM, Economics & Social Sciences, and Strategy & Entrepreneurship.
- Option for taking up MOOC courses (from online platforms approved and specified by Executive MBA office) up to 6 credits in lieu of elective courses
- CIS (Course of Independent Study) of 3 credits in lieu of an elective course
(* the exact details of these features will be available to the participants in the Programme Manual after joining)