|Marketing||Faculty||Fellow (IIM Ahmedabad)|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Prof. Varsha Khandker is a faculty in the area of Marketing. She holds a doctoral degree from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. Before joining IIM Nagpur, she has worked as a faculty in Marketing at T A Pai Management Institute, Manipal. Prof. Varsha teaches Marketing Management, Marketing Research, Strategic Marketing, and Managing Markets at the Bottom of the Pyramid. She is a certified instructor for the marketing simulations, Digital MarkStrat, Markstrat and BrandPro by StratX (Paris). She is also certified by Harvard Business Publishing for teaching with simulations. She has presented papers at international academic conferences and is a reviewer for several academic conferences and journals. At IIM Nagpur, she has served as the member of the Board of Governors of IIM Nagpur for two consecutive terms (2019-20 to 2022-23). Prof. Varsha has served as the Chairperson- Admissions & Financial Aid Committee (2019-20 to 2021-22) where she spearheaded admissions to all the degree granting programmes of the institute. She has also been the Chairperson - Gender Issues Committee, Member - PGP Executive Committee and several other committees of the institute.
Marketing in emerging economies, bottom of pyramid marketing, rural marketing, technology adoption, food and agri-business marketing.
- Reddy, A. P., Suresh, S. and Khandker, V (2023). Covid-19 Communication in Emerging Markets - Not Viral Enough?. Journal of Public Affairs.
- Khandker, V. (2022). Two decades of the bottom of the pyramid research: Identifying the influencers, structure, and the evolution of the concept. Management Review Quarterly. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11301-022-00271-y
- Khandker, V., & Gandhi, V. P. (2021). Agricultural technologies for marginal and landless farmers: A case of hybrid rice cultivation in India. Agricultural Economics Research Review, 34(2), 165-178.
- Nandi, S., Nandi, M.L. and Khandker, V. (2021), "Impact of perceived interactivity and perceived value on mobile app stickiness: an emerging economy perspective", Journal of Consumer Marketing, 38(6), 721-737.
- Khandker, V., Gandhi, V.P., & Johnson, N. (2020). Gender Perspective in Water Management: The Involvement of Women in Participatory Water Institutions of Eastern India. Water, 12, 196.
- Bhajni, S., Khandker, V., Patil, S., & Makati, U. (2019). White Print: The Dotted Word. Asian Case Research Journal, 23(2), 331-349.
- Maurya, D., Joshi, K., Khandker, V., Pratap, V., & Iyer, V. (2019). "Making-Up during Data Analysis" the Performance Measurement System in Karnataka. Public Administration Quarterly, 43(1), 79-120.
- Khandker, V., & Joshi, K. P. (2019). Price determination for 4G service using price sensitivity model in India. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 18(2), 93-99.
- Khandker, V., & Gandhi, V. P. (2018). Post-adoption experience of hybrid rice in India: farmers’ satisfaction and willingness to grow. Agricultural Economics Research Review, 31(347-2018-3193), 95-104.
- Khandker, V., & Thakurata, I. (2018). Factors encouraging complete adoption of agricultural technologies: The case of hybrid rice cultivation in India. Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, 8(2), 270-287.
- Gandhi, V. P., & Khandker, V. (2012). Frontier Technologies in Agriculture Biotechnology: The Promise and Performance of Bt Cotton in India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 67(3), 438.
- Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics
- Information Technology & People
- Marketing Intelligence and Planning
- IIM B Management Review
- Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies
- IIM Kozhikode Society and Management Review
- IIMA International Conference on Advances in Healthcare Management Services
- World Management Conference, IIM Kozhikode
- Indian Academy of Management Conference
- Marketing Management
- Research for Marketing Decisions/Marketing Research
- Managerial Analysis and Decision
- Strategic Marketing
- Marketing for the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Rural Marketing
- Agricultural Input Marketing
No details found.
- Chairperson, Library, IIM Nagpur (2023-24 - till date)
- Member, Admissions & Financial Aid Committee, IIM Nagpur (2022-23)
- Member, Board of Governors, IIM Nagpur (2019-20 - 2022-23)
- Member, Building Committee, Board of Governors, IIM Nagpur (2019-20 - 2022-23)
- Chairperson, Admissions and Financial Aid Committee, IIM Nagpur (2019-20 - 2021-22)
- Member, PGP Executive Committee, IIM Nagpur (2018-19 - 2021-22)
- Chairperson, Gender Issues Committee, IIM Nagpur (2017-18 to 2019-20)