|Marketing||Full Time Faculty||Fellow (IIM Ahmedabad)|
- Research & Publications
- Training and Consulting
Prof. Varsha Khandker is an Assistant Professor in the area of Marketing. She holds a doctoral degree from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. Prior to joining IIM Nagpur, she has worked as an Assistant Professor in Marketing at T A Pai Management Institute, Manipal (2014-2017). She teaches Marketing Management, Marketing Research, Strategic Marketing, and Marketing for the Bottom of the Pyramid. She is a certified instructor for the marketing simulations - MarkStrat and BrandPro. She has presented papers in international academic conferences and is a reviewer for several academic conferences and journals.
Technology adoption, food and agri-business marketing, rural marketing
- Bhajni, S., Khandker, V., Patil, S., & Makati, U. White Print: The Dotted Word. Asian Case Research Journal. (Accepted)
- Khandker, V., Gandhi, V.P., & Johnson, N. (2020). Gender Perspective in Water Management: The Involvement of Women in Participatory Water Institutions of Eastern India. Water, 12, 196.
- Maurya, D., Joshi, K., Khandker, V., Pratap, V., & Iyer, V. (2019). "Making-Up during Data Analysis" the Performance Measurement System in Karnataka. Public Administration Quarterly, 43(1), 79-120.
- Khandker, V., & Joshi, K. P. (2019). Price determination for 4G service using price sensitivity model in India. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 18(2), 93-99.
- Khandker, V., & Gandhi, V. P. (2018). Post-adoption experience of hybrid rice in India: farmers’ satisfaction and willingness to grow. Agricultural Economics Research Review, 31(347-2018-3193), 95-104.
- Khandker, V., & Thakurata, I. (2018). Factors encouraging complete adoption of agricultural technologies: The case of hybrid rice cultivation in India. Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, 8(2), 270-287.
- Gandhi, V. P., & Khandker, V. (2012). Frontier Technologies in Agriculture Biotechnology: The Promise and Performance of Bt Cotton in India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 67(3), 438.
- Khandker, V. & Thakurata, I. (2017). Factors encouraging complete adoption of agricultural technologies: The case of hybrid rice cultivation in India, TAPMI Working Paper, TWP 121.
- Pal, D. & Khandker, V. (2010). Does Land Reform Matter? An Empirical Analysis of Indian States, IIM Ahmedabad Working Paper Series, W.P. No. 2010-12-01, IIM Ahmedabad.
- "Efficient Participatory Irrigation Institutions to Support Productive and Sustainable Agriculture in South Asia - The Gender Perspective” in Australasian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES) Annual Conference, Melbourne (February 2019).
- “Biotechnology in Agriculture: Examining the Promise, Performance, Concerns and Economics” in National Conference on Agro-Economic Research, IEG Delhi (January 2018).
- “Designing a Performance Measurement System in case of Time Bound Service Delivery Act (SAKALA) in Karnataka” in 3rd International Conference on Public Policy (ICPP) at Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore (June 2017).
- “Determinants of Satisfaction with Hybrid Rice Technology amongst the Indian Farmers” in 4th International Rice Congress, Thailand. (accepted as a poster) (October 2014).
- “Challenges in the Adoption of Hybrid Rice in India: A Conceptual and Empirical Study of the Farmer and Market Response Behavior” in 6th International Hybrid Rice Symposium, Hyderabad, India (September 2012).
- “Introduction of New Technologies in Agriculture: A Study of the Challenges in the Adoption of Hybrid Rice in India in 56th Annual Conference of Australian Agriculture and Resource Economics Society, Fremantle, Australia (February 2012).
- “Introduction of New Technologies in Agriculture: A Study of the Challenges in the Adoption of Hybrid Rice in India” in 5th Doctoral Colloquium, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (January 2012).
Marketing Management, Marketing Research, Strategic Marketing, Marketing for the Bottom of the Pyramid
No details found.
- Member, Board of Governors, IIM Nagpur
- Chairperson, Admissions & Financial Aid Committee, IIM Nagpur
- Chairperson, Gender Issues Committee, IIM Nagpur
- Member, PGP Executive Committee, IIM Nagpur