The position is suitable for people wanting to pursue a career in academic libraries. It provides a platform for learning, as well as hands-on experience of library related IT applications and functioning modules of academic libraries in higher education institutions.
Qualification and Experience:
- First class post-graduation in library and information science from a recognized Indian university.
- Experience of work in institute of higher education/ research is desirable.
- Selected candidate will need to work in shift duties 6 days a week.
- To conduct circulation duties regularly.
- To catalogue and classify the library books by using standard rules (MARC21, DDC etc.).
- To assist/guide users in locating library books and other information sources.
- Library trainee will assist the Jr. library professional assistant in day-to-day library operations.
- To attend any other duties assigned by the reporting authorities from time to time.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Basic knowledge of IT applications used in libraries.
- Knowledge of library procedures and standards (such as DDC, MARC format etc.).
- Hands on experience of library software applications such as KOHA, DSPACE etc.
Age: Not exceeding 27 Years.
Stipend & Benefits: Rs. 20,000 consolidated per month.
Contract: Selected candidate will be offered a fixed term appointment for a period of one year. The appointment is purely temporary and will not be extended.
Interested candidates are advised to APPLY ONLINE ONLY latest by September 15, 2020 up to 5:00 PM.